Types of HiPP Hypoallergenic Formula and Its Importance
Hypoallergenic formula is a type of formula that doctors recommend giving babies who have difficulty digesting cow’s milk-based formula. It is also known as elemental formula and contains milk proteins that are broken down into smaller proteins so that the baby’s system can digest it easily. As a result, this formula has a lesser chance of causing allergic reactions in babies.
There are three types of Hypoallergenic Formulas:
- Partially hydrolyzed: This type of formula contains proteins that are partially broken down
- Extensively hydrolyzed: This type of formula contains the smallest milk proteins
- Free amino acid-based formula: This type of formula has proteins that are split into amino acids. It is usually given to babies who cannot adjust to an extensively hydrolyzed formula.
Is HiPP Formula Hypoallergenic?
HiPP has many organic baby formulas. Many parents may wonder, is HiPP Formula hypoallergenic?
One of the most common brands of hypoallergenic formula is HiPP Hypoallergenic Stage 1 formula. The HiPP HA is a hypoallergenic formula that is given to babies with milk protein allergy. The milk proteins in this formula are split into tiny molecules. This baby formula contains hydrolyzed whey protein and it does not contain casein.
When to consider giving your baby HiPP Hypoallergenic Formula?
There are various reasons that may prompt you to opt for a hypoallergenic formula for your baby. It is always advised to consult a pediatrician before choosing to buy or switch baby formulas. Given below are signs that may indicate that your baby may be in need of a hypoallergenic formula instead of a regular one:’
- Baby is extremely irritable or has colic
- Constantly vomits
- Has wheezing problems
- Has eczema
- Has diarrhea
In some cases, if you have an older child that is prone to allergies or digestive problems, your doctor may recommend you start your baby with a hypoallergenic formula itself to prevent allergies and other issues.
Why are babies given HiPP hypoallergenic formula?
Babies may be given hypoallergenic formula for the following reasons:
- It can solve a baby’s acid reflux problem
- It can help resolve baby’s allergies
- It can help control painful pooping in the babies
- The HiPP Hypoallergenic Formula is an amino acid-based formula which means it can help relieve digestive discomfort in babies
- It helps to clear away eczema
- It can be helpful in solving respiratory problems like wheezing or coughing
What changes to expect in babies after introducing HiPP hypoallergenic formula?
Parents may find some changes in their babies after they start giving the baby hypoallergenic formula. Some of these changes include changes in stool. The baby’s stool may change in color, consistency, and frequency after the baby is given a hypoallergenic formula. This may especially be true if your baby had a lot of loose stools before switching to this formula as the new formula will help with the baby’s bowel movements and make the stool more solid and consistent.
Parents should also look out for the different smell of the formula. The removal of the proteins that trigger an allergic reaction in the baby will lead to a different smell in the formula. It will also taste a little differently. The hypoallergenic formula will also have a slightly more clear color than a regular formula as some of the proteins will not be there. However, it will still have all the nutrition that your baby needs.
Features of HiPP Hypoallergenic Stage 1 Formula
Given below are some of the features of the HiPP Hypoallergenic Formula:
- It can be given to the baby from the time of birth under medical supervision
- It contains prebiotic fiber, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids, natural lactic acid, and hypoallergenic protein.
- It contains a high degree of hydrolyzed protein hydrolysate.
- It reduces the baby’s hypersensitivity to milk proteins and brings down the chances of allergy in the baby.
- The baby formula is gluten-free
- It contains low levels of allergens which is the same as breast milk
- Contains Vitamins E, B1, B2, B12 and B6
It can be very stressful for parents if their child is allergic to baby formula and is not able to digest it well. This inability to digest baby formula can lead to various digestive and health issues in babies. Fortunately, there are many hypoallergenic formula like the HiPP Hypoallergenic Stage 1 Formula that are available in the market. These hypoallergenic formula can be given to babies under the supervision of their doctors. These formula will reduce the chances of allergic reactions in babies, and help them adjust to the formula milk. Parents can breathe a sigh of relief by giving their babies and infants hypoallergenic formula.