Combiotik is a trademarked name of the company HiPP. The term was created by HiPP laboratories to define the synergy between the prebiotics and probiotics of the baby formula. Like all other HiPP products, the HiPP Combiotic is also made in Germany and is EU certified organic. It is prepared with the most carefully selected ingredients and HiPP organic quality milk that helps in the development and growth of your baby.
Probiotics are very good to include in our diet. However, they need to be combined with prebiotics, which is a special kind of dietary fiber, in order to survive. The prebiotics act like food to the probiotic microorganisms. The prebiotics in the HiPP Combiotic baby formula helps to cultivate and keep alive the probiotics allowing them to grow and establish themselves in the baby’s gut. This combination of the two has been termed by HiPP as Combiotik.
HiPP Combiotic baby formula is modeled on nature and is as close to breast milk as possible. It contains the approved prebiotic Galacto-oligosaccharides, extracted from lactose. This particular prebiotic is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is believed to support the growth of healthy intestinal flora. The HiPP Organic Combiotic also contains the natural probiotic L. fermentum hereditum. This probiotic has been originally isolated from breast milk. It has been approved by the FDA as well as the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). It is among the first colonizers of the intestine. The combination of these two pre and probiotics is said to have many benefits for babies. Some of them include:
- It contains valuable Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids like Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (AA) which are important for the development of the baby’s brain, nerve cells, and eyesight.
- The HiPP Combiotic Stage 1also contains a low amount of proteins. It contains just the right amount of proteins that have been recommended by experts – 1.89 g of protein/100 kcal. This optimized protein quantity with a combination of alpha-lactalbumin and high quality of whey protein is considered to be very healthy for babies.
Other features of the HiPP Organic Combiotic include:
- It is similar to natural breast milk
- It is free of genetically modified materials and uses only biodynamically grown organic food
- It is gluten-free
- It contains omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids for the development of the child’s brain
- It is full of Vitamin A and C to maintain a healthy immune system in the baby
- It does not contain any added sugars
- It doesn’t contain any maltodextrin
- It has been adapted to the Special Dietary Needs and Nutritional Requirements of Babies
- It contains only light digestible starch to soften the baby’s stool
- HiPP Combiotik has a good shelf life
- It can be given to children from birth till the age of 6 months
- No added soy
- No added wheat
- Doesn’t contain peanuts
- Does not contain eggs
- No added celery
- Can be given to vegetarians
- Doesn’t contain any additional nuts
- Contains natural lactic acid cultures
- It contains vegetable oils like palm oil, rapeseed oil, and sunflower oil
Many babies may have special nutritional needs. The Combiotik baby formula by HiPP provides important nutrients that your baby needs to grow well. The baby formula contains child-friendly reduced protein and important vitamins and minerals that are needed for the baby’s healthy growth. It also contains iron and Vitamin D, which helps the baby’s body absorb calcium and promotes growth in the baby’s bones. All in all, the HiPP Combiotic Stage 1 is a good whey-based infant formula that can be given either to replace breastfeeding or which can be given to complement breastfeeding. The HiPP Combiotik baby formula is easy to prepare and gets ready within minutes.
HiPP has been a pioneer in manufacturing baby foods for many years now. The organic formula has been used to feed babies over decades and because of its nutritional benefits, the formula is becoming more and more popular among parents around the world. With many parents worrying about what to feed their babies, HiPP Combiotik formula can come as a relief as it is packed with all the benefits that are required to help a child grow and develop in its formative years. Though HiPP Combiotik may not be available very easily in the United States of America, it can be purchased from certain retailers online. With a fairly good shelf life and simple preparation technique, the HiPP Combiotik is slowly becoming the goto choice for most expectant and new parents.