Baby formula, also known as infant formula is designed for feeding babies and infants under 12 months of age. It is usually prepared from powder or liquid for either bottle-feeding or cup feeding. There are several companies that manufacture and sell baby formula across the world. The United States of America itself has a large number of companies that manufacture both organic and non-organic infant formula and sell it into the market. Most parents prefer to feed their baby organic infant formula because it contains all-natural ingredients and is easy for the baby to digest. There are many organic formula companies in the US. However, Holle, a European brand is slowly getting popular among parents in the United States. Though not easily available, Holle baby formula can be bought online through authorized retailers and wholesalers.
Holle has different stages of formula that can be given to babies of different ages. Among them is the Holle stage 1 formula that is given to babies from the time of birth till they are six months old.Holle has other different stages as well like Holle Stage 2, Holle Stage 3 and Holle Stage 4. The ages for which these formulas can be given are mentioned below:
- Holle Stage 2 formula to be given
- Holle Stage 3 formula to be given
- Holle Stage 4 formula to be given
Let us take a look at the Holle Stage 1 formula and its benefits in this article.
Holle Stage 1 Infant Formula
Holle Stage 1 infant formula is made from organic skimmed milk that is got from cows being raised in Demeter certified farms. Demeter is one of the top certifications given to biodynamic farms that preserve the ecosystem and grow only GMO-free produce. All Demeter certified farms strictly follow the EU organic regulations. This means that the cows from whom the milk is grazed freely on lush green pastures. They are not painfully de-horned.
Another benefit of the Holle Stage 1 infant formula is that it is free of any kind of harmful materials that may affect your child’s stomach and digestive system. The baby formula does not contain any artificial preservatives, chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, added flavors or colors, steroids or antibiotics. It is also free of additional hormones that may be added to certain kinds of baby formula. It doesn’t have added sugars, wheat, and it gluten-free. It does not contain any brown rice syrup, fluoride or any other genetically modified substances as well.
The Holle stage 1 infant formula contains just the right amount of proteins, vitamins, and carbohydrates that will help in the healthy growth and development of your child. Let us take a look at some of the ingredients that are present and not present in the Holle Stage 1 baby formula:
- Lactose: Lactose is the principal carbohydrate that is present in a mother’s breast milk. Many times, it is added in a formula as a sweetener. Though Holle Stage Pre contains lactose as a natural sweetener, Holle Stage 1 formula does not contain lactose.
- Maltodextrin: Holle Stage 1 contains maltodextrin as a sweetener. It is derived from plants and, like lactose, makes the formula sweet. The sweetness of maltodextrin can vary from being very sweet to not sweet at all. Since maltodextrin is highly soluble and very easily digestible by babies, it is used in Holle Stage 1
- Whey: Whey is added to the stage 1 Holle formula to make it as close to breast milk as possible. A mother’s breast milk is said to have almost 60% whey protein. Whey is also easy for the baby to digest. As a result, adding whey protein to the Holle Stage 1 infant formula helps to reduce stomach problems in the babies.
- Palm Oil: Holle stage 1 formula contains palm oil. Palm oil is considered to have both oleic acid as well as palmitic acid which are both considered to be good for the baby. Palm oil in the formula can help improve the baby’s immune system.
- The Holle Stage 1 baby formula does not contain prebiotics and probiotics, starch, omega 3 fatty acids, omega 6 fatty acids, and soy as it may be a little difficult for the baby to digest these ingredients.
The Holle Stage 1 baby formula is one of the purest and most nutritious organic baby formulas that are available today. It can be given to babies in combination with the mother’s breast milk or completely by itself in case breastfeeding is not possible. Feeding your baby this formula will ensure that your baby grows well, has a happy stomach and sleeps well through the night, which also means you get to sleep well. The Holle Stage 1 baby formula is recommended by a lot of new mothers for its ease of use and benefits for the child.