Holle was set up more than 80 years ago in 1933 in Switzerland. The company works with the highest standards of quality in mind. The company is not only dedicated to providing the best of nutrition to babies but also towards maintaining a good balance in the environment. Holle was one of the first companies to get the organic Demeter certification, which is only given to companies that work with top quality biodynamic farms. Besides baby formula, Holle also produces a wide range of other baby products.
Holle Baby Formula
Holle baby formula is one of the most popular baby formulas that are available in Europe. Though it is not easily available in stores in the United States, it can be purchased online from reputed retailers. Holle formula contains few ingredients compared to other formulas which make it easy for babies to digest. It is a sweet-tasting creamy baby formula which is liked by most infants. Holle is one of the company’s whose baby formulas are considered to be CO2 neutral. The company continues to work towards achieving nutritional and environmental excellence.
Features of Holle Infant Formula
Some of the features of Holle baby formula are:
- Holle infant formula uses organic skimmed milk from cows raised on Demeter certified farms
- Holle also has a line of products made of goat’s milk for children who find it difficult to digest the proteins in cow’s milk
- It has a wide range of products for babies
- It can be given to babies right from their birth, either on its own or in combination with breast milk
- Holle infant formula tastes like mother’s breast milk
- All Holle infant formulas have natural ingredients and are of a very high quality
- It is loaded with all the important vitamins and minerals that are required for a baby’s growth and development
- Holle has no artificial preservatives, chemicals, flavors or additives in the formula
- It is gluten-free and does not contain any added sugars
- Does not contain any pesticides, herbicides or genetically modified ingredients
- It contains only organic starch and maltodextrin
- It has a good shelf life
- The formula is ideal for bottle feeding as well as making a porridge
- Holle organic baby formula is very simple to prepare and gets ready with just a few steps
Ingredients used in Holle Formula
While most of the ingredients used by Holle are organic, it is always good to know the different types of ingredients that go into making your baby’s formula. Given below is a list of the popular ingredients that may be found in most baby formula made by Holle:
- Lactose: Lactose is considered to be the main carbohydrate in a mother’s breast milk. Because of this, lactose is used as a natural sweetener in most baby formula.
- Maltodextrin: Maltodextrin is derived from plants, and like lactose, it is also used as a sweetener in some baby formula. The taste of Maltodextrin can range from being very sweet to not sweet at all. Maltodextrin can be digested easily and will be very easy on your baby’s system
- Palm Oil: Palm oil is used in some of the Holle products. It is considered to be good for babies because it mimics breast milk and is the main fat in the formula
- Prebiotics and Probiotics: Holle baby formula contains prebiotics and probiotics, both of which are considered to be very good for a baby’s immune system
- Starch: Starch is a complex carbohydrate and is recommended to be fed to babies because it is a major source of energy and is healthy for babies. All of the Holle baby formula contains starch except for formula for babies under 6 months of age.
Different Stages of Holle Baby Formula
Holle formula comes in different stages so that you can choose from a variety of products depending on your child’s age and requirement. The stages of Holle cow’s milk baby formula are:
- Stage 1 for newborn babies till 6 months of age
- Stage 2 for babies aged 6 to 10 months
- Stage 3 for babies aged 10 months to 12 months
- Stage 4 for babies from age of 1 year till the time of weaning
The stages of Holle Goat’s milk formula are:
- Stage 1 to be given from birth
- Stage 2 to be given after a baby is 6 months old.
- Stage 3 that can be given to babies who are 10 months or older till the time of weaning
Choosing a baby formula for your baby will be one of the many first decisions you will take after your baby is born. Knowing that the formula you feed your infant is high in nutritional value and made of natural ingredients can be a big relief. Holle formula is one of the most sought after formula brands and is very safe to give your babies.