Parents have many decisions to make when they have a newborn baby. One of the decisions is whether to give your child breastmilk or formula. While breastmilk may seem like the obvious choice, many times parents have to choose formula over breast milk because of various reasons. Once the choice to give formula is made, the next question that they are faced with is which brand of formula to give. With so many brands on the market, it can become very difficult to narrow down on one particular company. How does one choose which formula is good for the baby? At such times, having as much information about the formula brands as possible and comparing different brands can help parents make an informed decision about the formula to feed their baby. Two of the most popular formula brands that have hit the US markets are HiPP Organic Formula and Lebenswert. Both of these companies are European and are EU Certified Organic but are slowly making their way into the US markets. Both Lebenswert baby formula and HiPP organic baby formula are not easily available in the United States of America due to FDA restrictions. However, they can be purchased via online retailers.
While both these brands are organic and good for the baby in their own right, there are subtle differences in both these brands that may be the deciding factor for you as a parent. Let us take a look at the features and differences in Lebenswert vs HiPP.
Lebenswert Organic Baby Formula
- Lebenswert Baby Formula is a company that was set up by the Holle brand in 2009
- It uses milk from different farms in Germany and Austria. These farms are known to follow strict organic guidelines of Bioland Farming, making their products sustainable.
- Lebenswert Stage 1 formula uses lactose as a sweetener. Stage 2 and 3 of this baby formula use organic maltodextrin instead of lactose.
- Is only available in Stage 1, 2 and 3 in the markets so far
HiPP Organic Baby Formula
- HiPP formula has a larger number of nutrients than most standard baby formula available in the market
- It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, especially Vitamin E
- It has a high concentration of Beta Carotene and Lutein
- There are different variations available for children with acid reflux, sensitive stomachs, allergies, and gassiness
- Lactose is used as a sweetener in the HiPP baby formula. This is closest to breastmilk
Though Lebenswert is the simpler formula, both HiPP and Lebenswert are good for the baby. They have their own set of nutrients and features that parents can take into consideration while deciding for their baby. Though both these formula brands are well known and similar, parents will still want to take a closer look at the nutrients and ingredients that are present in the formula before they narrow down on the brand that they want to use for their child. Besides the features, it is always good to do a comparison of HiPP vs Lebenswert in terms of nutrients and ingredients.
LEBENSWERT VS HiPP
|LEBENSWERT ORGANIC FORMULA||HiPP BABY FORMULA|
|Prebiotics||Not present||Present in most HiPP formula|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids – DHA||Not present||Present|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids – ARA||Not Present||Present|
Let us also take a look at the ingredients that both these formula companies use in their respective baby formula.
LEBENSWERT VS HiPP
|LEBENSWERT ORGANIC FORMULA||HiPP FORMULA|
|Whey||Present||Most of HiPP formula has Whey|
|Lactose||Present only in Lebenswert Stage 1||Present in all except HiPP Goodnight 10 months|
|Starch||Present only in Lebenswert Stage 3||Present in some of the HiPP formula|
|Maltodextrin||Present except in Lebenswert stage 1||Not present in most of the HiPP formula|
|Soy||Not present||Present only in HiPP stage 2 and HiPP stage 3|
Baby formula may be one of the first things that your baby consumes, besides breastmilk (if you breastfeed the child). Hence, it is important that you are a hundred percent sure of the company and formula that you choose for your child. The wrong kind of formula can have adverse effects on your baby’s health and development. Obviously, both Lebenswert and HiPP organic formula are high-quality organic products, but the subtle differences in the nutrients and ingredients that these two companies use can make a lot of difference to your baby. Hence it is recommended that you look at the comparison of HiPP vs Lebenswert and make a well-informed decision.